Bandsaw Cast iron table won't lock

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

edma194
Platinum Member

Re: Bandsaw Cast iron table won't lock

Post by edma194 »

garys wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:06 pm
That's a very common problem. People take things apart and either lose parts or reassemble them wrong so they no longer work. This type of failure is probably more common than actual machine failure in use.
I see this every day on old cars. People want to "restore" them, but don't have the skills to do it. So, they take them apart and never get them working again.
Technology has saved me in this regard. We can take high resolution pictures with something that for some reason is called a 'phone'. I used to write things down and tape labels to wires and all the other little tricks but it never worked as well for me as pictures do. Diagrams can be wrong or unclear. Pictures printed in a manual usually don't provide every angle with ever detail, and zooming in on them is difficult. Pictures don't lie, well not in this sense anyway, and you can take a lot of from different directions at no extra charge. Also, 'phones' have a very bright little spotlight on the back that is useful too. Those wonderful devices may even do other things I don't even know about.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Bandsaw Cast iron table won't lock

Post by chapmanruss »

Ed,

I too like using picture when disassembling things to get them back the way they were. It is also a good idea to check drawings to see that an item was together correctly. As you said the phone is very handy for those pictures. Other than taking pictures I get ringing on it from places I don't know and most likely don't want to talk to.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.