520 RAIL THUMBSCREW SIZE?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: 520 RAIL THUMBSCREW SIZE?

Post by reible »

No (#12) rails.
question1.jpg
question1.jpg (143.7 KiB) Viewed 329 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Thank You (again!!!)

P.S. I see you added screws to the other 2 scale slots.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

JPG,

I haven't owned a Joint-Matic so you may already know this better than I do and can confirm it but I recall there were changes made to them after Shopsmith took over their production. Depending on the age of Joint-Matics being compared there may be differences. I mention this for those who may be referencing this Thread for information as it relates to their Joint-Matic.

Going back to Ed's comments about the knob he received from Shopsmith being different from the ones he already had. There have been two different knobs used since the introduction of the Pro Fence aka 520. Below are pictures of the two styles.

_
520-M7 Knobs 1.jpg
520-M7 Knobs 1.jpg (129.72 KiB) Viewed 320 times
520-M7 knobs 2.jpg
520-M7 knobs 2.jpg (110.86 KiB) Viewed 320 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

The major difference between the original and the SS version was the elimination of the TWO lead screws connected by a chain/sprockets to the elevation crank. An alteration that resulted in it's week link. The original was VERY robust.

The SS adjustable miter gauge extrusion was also added(a good move).
Not sure the slide was plastic either.

There are likely other differences.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange