The Ultimate Sawsmith Radial Arm Saw Thread

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mlwass
Bronze Member

Re: The Ultimate Sawsmith Radial Arm Saw Thread

Post by mlwass »

I have a Yuba Saw Smith radial arm saw with a burned out motor. Everything else is in clean, excellent condition. So I am ready to sell parts to anyone in need. I think the bearings are fine in this saw if you want them. I am in Dallas Tx. but can ship as needed.
Danriffle
Gold Member

Post by Danriffle »

How much would you want for the whole cradle? I could just swap motors.
www.blacklocustwoodshop.com

4 - 10E/ERs
1 - MkV
1 - Yuba Sawsmith
delong94
Gold Member

Post by delong94 »

In the recent special they have the SawSmith RAS Clamping Hub for sale (Part 516461).

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/ite ... tem=516461

I tried to look up the part using the parts reference at the beginning of this thread. Anyone know what it is?
mlwass
Bronze Member

Post by mlwass »

Dear Danriffle,
Sorry for not responding. Life got in the way and I am just now checking this website.
I am open to any offer you make. I mainly don't want this fine machine to go to waste.
I am in Dallas, Texas.
Please email me at mlwass@yahoo.com with your contact info and we can go from there.
Thanks.
mlwass
delong94
Gold Member

Post by delong94 »

Was wondering if anyone had the dimensions or would be able to trace and copy the outline of the SawSmith floating saw guards to post here? I am still working to restore my Yuba model. The instructions and a photo of what the guards look like are below. Thank you.
Attachments
IMG_6355 (1).jpg
IMG_6355 (1).jpg (99.86 KiB) Viewed 10631 times
Sawsmith Floating Full Saw Guard (1).pdf
(2.29 MiB) Downloaded 331 times
cmflick
Bronze Member

Post by cmflick »

My Father has passed and he left a Sawsmith RAS, and a Shopsmith. I believe it is all operational. Also some books: Fun with a saw (R. J. DeCristoforo), Power Tool Woodworking for everyone (R. J. DeCristoforo) and The magic of your radial arm saw (R. J. DeCristoforo). There are some extra items. We live on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state. We would like to sell this equipment. Is there anyone near this area that would be interested? Thank you..

Craig Flick
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Anyone interested may contact you by Private Message. Look for any that arrive.

SIGH; Location, Location, Location.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
cmflick
Bronze Member

Post by cmflick »

Thank you JPG. I understand about location, location, location. We are quite a distance up the Olympic Peninsula. We can see Victoria on Vancouver Island from here. We have hope though.

Take care,
Craig and Donne'
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

You on the peninsula that requires one to pass through Canada to get to the rest of Washington?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

JPG wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:42 am You on the peninsula that requires one to pass through Canada to get to the rest of Washington?
That would be Point Roberts, tiny little spit of land, south of Vancouver. (the red flag near the top)

The Olympic Peninsula is large, west of Seattle to the Pacific Ocean and south of Vancouver Island.
.png
.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 10318 times
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,