Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

everettdavis
Platinum Member

Re: Buying a Used Shopsmith Revisited

Post by everettdavis »

Lewis,

I just finished one of them. Give me a few

Everett
LR1231
Gold Member

Post by LR1231 »

Great

I bet it is awesome.

Lewis
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Here you go Lewis...

Everett
Before and After FIG. 4 for Lewis.png
Before and After FIG. 4 for Lewis.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 25806 times
LR1231
Gold Member

Post by LR1231 »

Whoa! Damn pardon my French. Wow.

Incredible.

Lewis
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Thank you. You are most kind.

Everett
LR1231
Gold Member

Post by LR1231 »

No, you sir are most kind. My god what you have contributed here freely folks all over the world would pay for.

Lewis
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

b4after.jpg
b4after.jpg (118.32 KiB) Viewed 25781 times
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
LR1231
Gold Member

Post by LR1231 »

Thank you JPG. Everett posted a set as well.

I cannot believe how much better the restored illustrations Everett did look when compared to originals.

I read his Buying a Used Shopsmith Revisited which I guess started this thread and learned a bunch about the Mark V and Shopsmith in general. That is a good read for anyone I suspect regardless of experience.

Initially I had a hard time understanding why Everett would do that kind of work at no cost for people he had never met.

As I began to look at the forum members in general, I understood there are many who share their knowledge and experience just as freely about everything.

Someday, I hope to have something worthy to contribute here, but for now I am just glad I can soak it all in.

Thanks again to everyone here.

Lewis
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

I added the "Shopsmith Set Screws from Mike.PDF" from Mike identifying the Shopsmith Set Screws to the first page in this thread as well as my Google Drive since this subject comes up a good bit.

I know some folks reference both and thought it might help locate it when needed.

It appears in various threads in the forums as well, but sometimes it is hard to phrase a search just right to find it when you want it.

JPG said once in another thread that MickyD created it, while collaborating with Dusty.

Regards

Everett
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Update on 1960’s Mark VII 4th motor style.
User n240sxle91 started the following thread which has provided the updated information: https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 55#p219255 titled “Is my Mark VII motor/switch wiring correct?”
In it we finally have an example of the Mark VII with a G.E. Motor with an External Start Switch. With James Grange Sr.’s (JPG’s) Mark VII insight and help, I have added the 4th motor type wiring diagram to the thread above.

Also, if you go to the first post in this thread, https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 90#p185690 and follow the link to My Google Drive, you will find the larger PDF of the drawing has been added there, to accompany the other three types of motors and find the restored Mark VII Owner’s Manual I restored last year with great help and proof reading by JPG.
Here’s that recently documented G.E. Motor for the Mark VII with External Motor Start Relay.

Everett
50XXXX GE Motor  -  Shopsmith Mark VII  with External Motor Start Relay.png
50XXXX GE Motor - Shopsmith Mark VII with External Motor Start Relay.png (286.21 KiB) Viewed 25413 times