Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More

Post by jsburger »

Very interesting. From the patent dates it looks like the '80's were the hay day of SS.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

There are still some I am seeking.

The Sawsmith 2000 seems like it would have patented components but I haven’t found them yet.

There may be others too.

Everett
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Added three additional patents and updated text list in post above in thread

New files in My Google Drive folder - Patents

1957.08.30 Saw Arbor - US002945519
Saw Arbor - filed 1957-08-30 granted 1960-07-19

1958.01.22 Mark 2 - US002964075
Woodworking Machine - filed 1958-01-22 granted 1960-12-13

1990.02.23 T-Slot Table - US4989654
Woodworking Worktable Assembly Having an Extruded T-Slot - filed 1990-02-23 granted 1991-02-05

Everett
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Shopsmith 1990 Air System by Cambell Hausfeld manual v 1.01.pdf

is now in folder titled: Shopsmith 1990 Air System under My Google Drive Link in the first post in this thread.

Many thanks to Russ Chapman who provided a copy of the original 1990 manual to work from

Note printing instructions in the footer of the pages to instruct your printer to print on the size of paper in your printer. The file page size is 11" x 17"

Everett

Note: v 1.01 Includes Page 19 Troubleshooting
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

I just called and emailed customer service
About the series of spam messages above
Everett
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

everettdavis wrote:I just called and emailed customer service
Everett
Many thanks to Shopsmith for cleaning out the Spam messages that were present in the forum overnight and to all who reported them.

Everett
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

everettdavis wrote:
everettdavis wrote:I just called and emailed customer service
Everett
Many thanks to Shopsmith for cleaning out the Spam messages that were present in the forum overnight and to all who reported them.

Everett
I doubt CS had anything to do with their removal! ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

A friend who I spoke with extensively on the phone about a Shopsmith and Bandsaw he was considering asked me to write down the things we discussed for him as a check list of sorts.

Well, the result of that request appears below, and on My Google Drive main page. It coupled with the Buying a Used Shopsmith Revisited PDF, and What Can a Single Crosscut Tell You are used in concert.

He also complained about having to scroll down to find My Google Drive link. It now appears in the top of the original post.

Kindest Regards everyone,

Everett
Negotiating Price ©Everett L. Davis 2020.pdf
(874.18 KiB) Downloaded 549 times
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

everettdavis wrote:A friend who I spoke with extensively on the phone about a Shopsmith and Bandsaw he was considering asked me to write down the things we discussed for him as a check list of sorts.

Well, the result of that request appears below, and on My Google Drive main page. It coupled with the Buying a Used Shopsmith Revisited PDF, and What Can a Single Crosscut Tell You are used in concert.

He also complained about having to scroll down to find My Google Drive link. It now appears in the top of the original post.

Kindest Regards everyone,

Everett
Negotiating Price ©Everett L. Davis 2020.pdf
Very nice and well written article with very good advice.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Under the topic:

I never knew that was there

I was recently reminded by someone who was over in the Facebook users group that they didn’t know some of the features I built into documents I created here were even present.

They did not know that I embedded hot links in the photos I included that if double clicked on the photos, open the very thread in the Shopsmith Forums the photo came from.

It was true in the very first document I ever posted here “Buying A Used Shopsmith V2” as well as “Shopsmith Bearing Guide”, “Got Rust” and a host of other documents.

Similarly in a number of restored manuals, and the fully restored 1953 Power Tool Woodworking for Everyone (PTWFE) a 346 page Book, in addition to having an extended table of contents, the table of contents entries are active links within the document.

In the Bearing Guide, the chart at the end has hot-links for the bearings data in many cases.

Moreover, as such the entire documents are word-search capable using Ctrl+F (find) as well as being zoom capable in photos and text.

So in documents you may have downloaded months ago, there are discoveries to be made in them.

And now you know.... if you had not discovered that already.

Everett
Last edited by everettdavis on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.