Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

everettdavis
Platinum Member

Re: Buying a Used Shopsmith Revisited

Post by everettdavis »

True, The original drawings made by Magna were cleaned and enlarged, but not overly edited for content. This drawing was OEM, retouched but it had the Poly-V belt.

Similarly, if one looks closely at the scalable illustrated headstock drawing on Shopsmith's illustrated parts website, the arched cross-brace of the B & C headstocks, still appears as the straight bar of the original A Headstock drawing from which it came in 1950's.

There are a series of these sorts of things in the documents that formed the base of my retouch and resizing work that changed the represented angles of the exploded parts as that I did change for visual clarity.

Good eye you have for detail sir.

Everett
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Since the original file that started this post (Buying a Used Shopsmith Revisited.PDF) has been downloaded 2,350 times, I stuck a copy in in a Google Drive with the newly restored 10ER Owners Guide I finished yesterday, along with the Bill Mayo Headstock Improvement modifications.

I also put a completed 10E Restored manual there as well, and yes it too is searchable by word, and the Table of Content does live link to the sections as in the latest 10ER version.

They are available in the first post in this thread under a link that appears as My Google Drive

You have to click and open the file from the Icon, then an arrow at the top center of the page gives you the option to download files to your system if you choose.

Everett
Last edited by everettdavis on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Great work, Everett.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Bill wrote me today asking that I include some additional information with his Headstock Improvement Repair Kit information that he provides on eBay that was not part of the original document post collections the first PDF info came from. They are both still there, and the additional info is all that has changed.

I added that to the end of the revised document, placing it here in the original post (1) and on my Google Drive - link in prior post.

It is named:
Bill Mayo - Mark V Headstock Improvement - Repair Kit for Speed Control and Eccentric Bushing v1.01 13 Jun 2016

Everett
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Kudos(again) for updating the original post. Indeed a handy bible for SS followers(or wannabes ;) ).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Mark VII Owners Manual 1965 -restored-

I added a link on the 1st page in this thread for the link to the post with the Mark VII Owners Manual I recently completed with JPG's help since this thread has had quite a bit of interest over the last year or so.

That post has the link to my Google Drive where I believe I have documents and drawings cited in this post available for free download.

There was so much in there that screen navigation became cluttered, so I elected to divide it into folders for the Mark VII, and 10E / 10ER content, leaving the Mark V - Mark 7 on the main page.

Kindest regards, and thanks for a great year of knowledge you folks have shared with me.

Everett
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

everettdavis wrote:Mark VII Owners Manual 1965 -restored-

. . .

Everett
????
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

JPG wrote:

. . .

Everett
????
It was late last night when I added the link to it on the first post in the thread. Go to first post and the link is there since a lot of people land on that page searching about used Shopsmiths
br549
Platinum Member

Post by br549 »

I thought JPG's question was just about the year (1965), but I see that is the year the restored manual was first printed according to last page of your restoration. Even though I don't have a Mark VII, it is a very well done document and a valuable resource to all who do own one!
Attachments
Mark VII manual back page.jpg
Mark VII manual back page.jpg (104.91 KiB) Viewed 38278 times
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

everettdavis wrote:
JPG wrote:

. . .

Everett
????
It was late last night when I added the link to it on the first post in the thread. Go to first post and the link is there since a lot of people land on that page searching about used Shopsmiths
The title page says 1963. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝