Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Re: Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More

Post by HopefulSSer »

Maybe someone else mentioned this in this very long thread but I have discovered that if I am signed into my gmail account, trying to access your google drive tells me I don't have access and to request it from the owner. However if I'm not signed in, I can access it just fine. Weird. I mention it only to help anyone else who might run into the same thing...
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

HopefulSSer wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:39 pm Maybe someone else mentioned this in this very long thread but I have discovered that if I am signed into my gmail account, trying to access your google drive tells me I don't have access and to request it from the owner. However if I'm not signed in, I can access it just fine. Weird. I mention it only to help anyone else who might run into the same thing...
FWIW, that does not happen here. I am logged into my Gmail account and I just accessed Everett's Google drive.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

I don’t know what created problems for some but not others. Is this still happening to anyone?

I would have thought it was a Google issue. Perhaps they did something to change security.

I did go into the drive by following the link in the forum, then copied the link it took me to and updated it in the two links recorded in the post

It appeared to be the same link that was there before though.

Maybe Google has done something to enhance security and maybe embeds some sort of link dates to enhance security for logged in users.

I just don’t know. Why it worked for some and not others may be an operating system/ patch that Microsoft had rolled out to some computers and not others
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

In answer to some who have contacted me privately, yes I am fine, full of energy and have numerous projects I am restoring.

Southbend metal lathe, Bridgeport milling machine, 3 phase power to shop.

I hope to resume my Shopsmith work this year even utilizing the machine shop gear I am working on. My late friend and Mentor Bill Mayo and I postulated such a time in my future.

I still work on some highly selective document restorations, but with many of our colleague's help here, we have accumulated quite a cache of them already in the My Google Drive link in the first post in this thread. All are free to download and donated to the world wide Shopsmith community.

Blessings to everyone, and thanks for asking about me.

If my life was an LP record before I retired, I blew by 45 and went to 78 ever since.

I don't sign in unless I have something to post, and of late someone, often several of you have answered new questions before I see them. That doesn't mean I'm not here browsing after the fact!
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

So glad to hear that.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

+1
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange