Stand alone Bandsaw

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wa2crk
Platinum Member

Re: Stand alone Bandsaw

Post by wa2crk »

Don't forget that you have to multiply the bandsaw shaft RPM by 3 to get the blade speed in FPM. The bandsaw wheel with the tire is just short of 1' in diameter or approx 3' in circumference.
Bill V

Almost forgot, The same farm supply store should have the belt and will be able to supply the length.
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Post by Beave2012 »

wa2crk wrote:Don't forget that you have to multiply the bandsaw shaft RPM by 3 to get the blade speed in FPM. The bandsaw wheel with the tire is just short of 1' in diameter or approx 3' in circumference.
Bill V

Almost forgot, The same farm supply store should have the belt and will be able to supply the length.
I was just looking at shopsmith rpm, and based it on the recommended settings for the bandsaw.
-Beave
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

If still in doubt I have a SS stand alone BS, I will be in my shop Saturday and it is all original I can give you all the specs if you still need them.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I question those 15 mm measurements. The calipers zeroed?

Besides you should be measuring inches.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Post by Beave2012 »

JPG wrote:I question those 15 mm measurements. The calipers zeroed?

They are mechanical calipers, so yes. That would be 5/8" imperial. (roughly anyways, I wasn't trying to be super precise, just comparing motor to bandsaw)
JPG wrote:Besides you should be measuring inches.
I'm 100% American and I honestly think metric is easier and have debated with myself over changing over to metric tools. The availability just isn't there, and too many references are imperial.
-Beave
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Beave2012 wrote:
JPG wrote:I question those 15 mm measurements. The calipers zeroed?

They are mechanical calipers, so yes. That would be 5/8" imperial. (roughly anyways, I wasn't trying to be super precise, just comparing motor to bandsaw)
JPG wrote:Besides you should be measuring inches.
I'm 100% American and I honestly think metric is easier and have debated with myself over changing over to metric tools. The availability just isn't there, and too many references are imperial.
No question metric is 'better', however we be creatures of habit and need to be aware of the possibility of mixed systems.

That said, AIUI they no longer teach fractional arithmetic. And handwriting?(penmanship)(cursive)

Next will be spelling! :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
sswoodworker48
Gold Member

Post by sswoodworker48 »

JPG,

I disagree. Spelling left long ago.

However, their reely is know weigh to pruv my theery.
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Post by Beave2012 »

sswoodworker48 wrote:JPG,

I disagree. Spelling left long ago.

However, their reely is know weigh to pruv my theery.
Well you really can't do a spelling bee, or honest grading because someone will get offended or hurt because they didn't get a trophy for being last place. So now i dun spel guut enuff. Y would u need words when u got :) :confused: :mad: :( :p ;) :D :o :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: and BFFs. lol TTYL!
-Beave
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

Totally a gree, and where is my spelling critic from Manassis, VA???????
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

ERLover wrote:Totally a gree, and where is my spelling critic from Manassis, VA???????

Who's spelling critic? ;) :eek: :D