parts needed

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

hobbies
Gold Member

parts needed

Post by hobbies »

As you know Ive been restoreing my ss mark V11 the last two parts i need are the501236 backing plate #45 in parts manual and507861 duct # 56 if anyone has one for sale i would like to buy
Bruce
Platinum Member

Re: parts needed

Post by Bruce »

If you could post the parts diagram it would help. Not everyone has them at the ready.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

As many of you know, I am in the process of redoing the Mark VII manual for users who have those units.

I have attached my work in process re-drawn parts illustration reflecting the parts he is referencing.

Also for those of you who are Mark VII owners, I would love to hear from you about how my approach is received. I do not personally own a Mark VII but am working to assist others who do, with what I can.

Still trying to find time to re-do the 3 different motor / wiring combinations for this project.

(This one is a much reduced size, but the finals will be in PDF and very large format.) The original was 8½ x 11. Mine will be at least a D size drawing, but will scale and print in high definition on your printer paper size.

I think he meant duct #46 opposed to 507861 duct #56 as he typed.

Everett
Mark_VII_parts_manual-2 Revision in Process smaller size.jpg
Mark_VII_parts_manual-2 Revision in Process smaller size.jpg (104.43 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
To put what I am doing in perspective here is shown the way it looked in the manual.
Original Page 2 for Mark VII Parts.jpg
Original Page 2 for Mark VII Parts.jpg (131.15 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I think that will be a hard one to find.

What is your intention re using it?

Making an adapter to connect the rectangular output to a 2" + hose may be what you need to do.

Since collection bags are essentially non-existent, I suggest merely connecting to a DC or shopvac. The motor driven blower will help them and provide hose coupling.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
hobbies
Gold Member

Post by hobbies »

I was planning on reuseing it. but like JP idea better thanks jp
hobbies
Gold Member

Post by hobbies »

I think everett is doing a fine job of redoing the mark V11 manual
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Thank you. it is slow and I don't have as much time as I would like.

Everett