ER Grinding Attachment

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

ER Grinding Attachment

Post by ERLover »

With the latest ER I got a grinding wheel and guard/tool tool rest attachment.
I looked the guard/ rest attachment over but cant figure how it mounts, uless some things are missing. Any help here would be appreciated.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: ER Grinding Attachment

Post by JPG »

ERLover wrote:With the latest ER I got a grinding wheel and guard/tool tool rest attachment.
I looked the guard/ rest attachment over but cant figure how it mounts, uless some things are missing. Any help here would be appreciated.
Pix might be useful here!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

ERLover wrote:With the latest ER I got a grinding wheel and guard/tool tool rest attachment.
Pictures?? Is it SS?

I have the grinder attachment for the MK V. It clamps to the quill housing the same as many other things. The 10ER is the same diameter at the end of the depth stop collar so the MK V grinder should clamp to it although I have never tried.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

Charging the battery camera, it will be a bit b4 pics. The grinding wheel with a SS Arbor and this guard were in the Bling Box, so I am assuming it is SS ER. On the guard there is a small sticker that sez "use supplied self tapping screws to attach wheel guard to grinder". So now I am guess it is not SS. I will get a pic out though in a bit.
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
pieceseeker
Gold Member

Post by pieceseeker »

If I remember correctly, my SS grinder package used self tapping screws to attach the guard. Not able to go look at this time, but pretty sure about it.
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

Here are the pics, I had a thought, maybe there is another side to it and it is missing.
Attachments
P6130270.jpg
P6130270.jpg (41.82 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
P6130271.jpg
P6130271.jpg (47.11 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
P6130272.jpg
P6130272.jpg (46.23 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

It dose not look my grinder. I don't think Magna ever made a grinder for the 10ER although the MK V should work I think.
Attachments
IMAG0454.jpg
IMAG0454.jpg (223.8 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

John it is not ER vintage, the paint/powder coating is too nice. must have been from something else.