Is a Shopsmith User’s Manual of Bearings Overdue?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Is a Shopsmith User’s Manual of Bearings Overdue?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 14

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Is a Shopsmith User’s Manual of Bearings Overdue?

Post by jsburger »

I hope so because that is the way I see it.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote:I hope so because that is the way I see it.
+1
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

With 93% of respondents saying Yes, it is a go.

I am working to flesh out various Quill Assembly Drawings something on the order of the work in process attachment which is but a sample of the type of data I seek to include.

If I locate original Shopsmith part numbers, I will include those, and even cross reference them to the various SPT's and even motors that used the same bearing from the factory.

I have not found a manual yet that has an illustrated parts list of the two piece spindles, so if someone has one if you could scan it to 300-600 dpi and send it to me it would help.

When I am done, it will have theMark VII, 10E and 10ER Quill Assemblies, and anything else I can find.

Yes the document will have photos, and a good bit of helpful information we can collect.

Everett
Work in Process drawing - not complete
Work in Process drawing - not complete
Exploded Single and Two Bearing Quills and Drive Sleeve Assemblies Small or forum.png (201.22 KiB) Viewed 2011 times