lathe duplicator cutters

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

kd6vpe
Platinum Member

lathe duplicator cutters

Post by kd6vpe »

Hi all Merry Christmas.
I am in need of a square cutter for my duplicator. I see they are on back-order on line. Does anyone know if the Easy Wood Turner cutters will fit on the Shopsmith. There are plenty online and they are alot cheaper the SS. Or does anyone know of an alternative source. Thanks for your time.
JIm
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Re: lathe duplicator cutters

Post by masonsailor2 »

Yes the easy wood turner cutters or the Sorby carbide cutters will work. They do not have the same size screw hole but you can work around that. I took the screw and one of the cutters to a commercial fastener store and they had a small bushing that worked perfectly. The carbide cutters work great.
Paul
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Try this site. They have a large variety of cutter sizes. They may have one that fits
Bill V

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/BC32 ... %20inserts
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

Thank you guys I appreciate the help. FYI I just got back from woodcraft and found some that fit just fine. Rikon 70-811 for 11.99 I need the square ones for a ring project and they were on backorder from shopsmith.