Jointer fence and guard interchange

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dvsmith86
Gold Member

Jointer fence and guard interchange

Post by dvsmith86 »

I recently acquired a Model 4E jointer for my 10E. It is lacking the fence assembly and the blade guard assembly.
Does anyone know if those parts from a Model 620 jointer from a "Greenie" will fit the 4E?
-
Doug Smith
10E SN:10290 Dedicated drill press
10ER SN:69488 Lathe, saw, sander, etc.
Retired Machinist & CNC Programmer
Beginner woodworking
Passions: Restoring, repairing, repurposing
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Jointer fence and guard interchange

Post by chapmanruss »

Yes, The only difference, besides the paint color, between the Model 4E and the early Model 620 is the base/outfeed table for the addition of the SPT mounting tubes. In 1956 the Model 620 began the changes to the current fence lock handle followed by the larger diameter infeed adjustment knob. These are replacement parts for the original parts but must be replaced as a complete set. Any other changes made to the Jointer over the years except the dust chute can be added to the Model 4E.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
dvsmith86
Gold Member

Post by dvsmith86 »

Thank you Russ.
-
Doug Smith
10E SN:10290 Dedicated drill press
10ER SN:69488 Lathe, saw, sander, etc.
Retired Machinist & CNC Programmer
Beginner woodworking
Passions: Restoring, repairing, repurposing
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

chapmanruss wrote:These are replacement parts for the original parts but must be replaced as a complete set.

Why?
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob