Why is the Shopsmith Bandsaw so different?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

everettdavis
Platinum Member

Why is the Shopsmith Bandsaw so different?

Post by everettdavis »

For Larry,

I believe the document and illustrations that I reworked for the Shopsmith bandsaw that you are seeking is the one I did utilizing the original patent application as I sought to answer that question.

I have included one snippet of one of those numerous drawings below.

If that is representative of what you seek, you will find it in the sub-folder titled "Bandsaw" under My Google Drive link at the following address: https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 90#p185690

It is far too large a file to upload here in the forums.

Here's that snapshot of a drawing taken from the 39 pages of that document.

Everett
Redone Bandsaw Drawing example.png
Redone Bandsaw Drawing example.png (361.95 KiB) Viewed 7413 times
LR1231
Gold Member

Re: Why is the Shopsmith Bandsaw so different?

Post by LR1231 »

Mr. Davis,

Thanks for creating this document. I think I finally understand the Shopsmith Bandsaw now. I also grabbed a copy of some other documents while I could.

You have been busy. There's a lot of new things since I looked at the Shopsmith site. I am just about to return to active duty following surgery on my foot I messed up in a motorcycle crash while on leave.

Keep going..... There's a bunch of people who probably benefit from your work.

Lewis
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

LR1231 wrote:Mr. Davis,

Thanks for creating this document. I think I finally understand the Shopsmith Bandsaw now. I also grabbed a copy of some other documents while I could.

You have been busy. There's a lot of new things since I looked at the Shopsmith site. I am just about to return to active duty following surgery on my foot I messed up in a motorcycle crash while on leave.

Keep going..... There's a bunch of people who probably benefit from your work.

Lewis
PROBABLY???????
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

I’m glad it helped.

The fact that you’re returning to duty is good. Many times a motorcycle crash is severe and injuries can be deadly.

Glad you’re ok.

Everett
LR1231
Gold Member

Post by LR1231 »

The crash if I can call it a crash actually happened because I damaged my front tire during a ride when I hit a pot hole following a buddy who missed it in front of me. Really hard hit but I didn't lose control then.

We stopped and looked for damage but didn't see any. About 15 miles later right in the middle of an intersection as I was taking off following a red light, the front tire blew out and the fork went sideways and I went down trying to hold up the bike. It layed down on my foot and broke some small bones.

It could have been far worse had we been back up to highway speed. All mended up now and pins removed. Thanks for asking.

And Mr. JPG, "Probably" was not the best choice word I am sure.

Lewis