Bandsaw Overhaul

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mindpilot
Gold Member

Bandsaw Overhaul

Post by mindpilot »

Did a thorough clean, lube & adjust on my bandsaw. I removed and completely disassembled the upper and lower guides, cleaned lubed and reassembled. I had no idea how out of whack it had gotten over the years.
Installed the upgraded bearing kit, and then went through all the adjustments. That height lock adjust is pretty tedious; make one small change, and it throws off three other settings. Took about 90 minutes of tinkering, but finally got it dialed in. Never could get it perfectly on specs, but real close.

And holy cow what a difference! It used to make so much noise I didn't want to be in the same room with it, but now, it's quiet, and it cuts square again!
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Re: Bandsaw Overhaul

Post by nuhobby »

Sounds like you're good to go!

The SS bandsaw really holds its own; I resaw a good deal on mine, too.

For quietness, the factory bearings usually got noisy a while after installation. I think, if memory serves correct, I changed the bearing(s) nearest the tension adjuster to be rubber-seal type rather than metal-shield type, and I have been happy with its quietness for some years now.

Chris