Motor hums but wont turn - THANKS! Problem Solved!

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

schnur07
Bronze Member

Re: Motor hums but wont turn

Post by schnur07 »

Thank You! The hammer seemed to do the trick! Is there anything to do to prevent this from happening again?

Now I can start using my Shopsmith again! It's been sitting for a couple years now. I have my drill press back and I think I'll start using the bandsaw for my light bandsaw work and keep my other bandsaw dedicated for resawing. Would also like to try out the lathe - never tried one before - but I think I am missing an attachment.

Since I have the headstock off, I'll do some research to see if there's any preventative maintenance to perform on it.

Thanks Again!
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Motor hums but wont turn - THANKS! Problem Solved!

Post by JPG »

Liberally lubricate the movable sheaves.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
schnur07
Bronze Member

Re: Motor hums but wont turn - THANKS! Problem Solved!

Post by schnur07 »

Just finished lubricating. I guess I'll put it all back together and start using it again.

thanks again!