Wood River Power Tool Safety Switch

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Wood River Power Tool Safety Switch

Post by RFGuy »

Bill,

Just curious what you have added to your Rikon grinder in the red circles pictured below. I have a similar setup, but had to detach the Rikon wheel guards to fit my CBN wheels. Is this some type of aftermarket wheel guard or ???
Attachments
Rikon_Grinder.jpg
Rikon_Grinder.jpg (131.71 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

RFGuy wrote:Bill,

Just curious what you have added to your Rikon grinder in the red circles pictured below. I have a similar setup, but had to detach the Rikon wheel guards to fit my CBN wheels. Is this some type of aftermarket wheel guard or ???
I don't know what he has on top but, I don't see guards around the wheels. However, if you go the the Wood Turners Wonders web site they now have a package with the Rikon grinder and their CBN wheels with guards. The description doesn't say anything about the guards other than the grinder comes with guards and they are pictured. I wonder if Wood Turners Wonders is having them made for their wheels. As you say the standard Rikon guards do not fit CBN wheels. That is not really a problem since CBN wheels don't really need guards. But...
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Bill (wa2crk),

If you see this thread, just curious what you have above your grinder wheels in the picture that I posted above on this thread (https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... er#p273865). I am wondering if maybe you found some special lights that sit above the wheels or if this is some kind of guard. Just curious. I like your setup. I have the same grinder with CBN wheels and the ONEWAY jigs. I haven't been very happy with the light that comes on the grinder, so I have been searching for an aftermarket LED one to replace it.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor