Jigsaw 610 Restore Parts

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Spooner
Gold Member

Re: Jigsaw 610 Air Pump

Post by Spooner »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:Spooner, my wife has a Cricut as well, but I didn’t think there was a way to download custom patterns to it. I checked into that many years ago, couldn’t find a way to do it, and assumed that they didn’t want competition for their canned pattern cartridges (which undoubtedly have huge profit margins). What’s your process for custom patterns?
Well buckeye my wife has two Cricuts. One is the old style with the cartridges and the other is called an explorer which will connect to my computer and I can download custom patterns to it. My son does a lot of vinyl graphic stuff with it too for his Jeep. It is sweet.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Spooner wrote:
BuckeyeDennis wrote:Spooner, my wife has a Cricut as well, but I didn’t think there was a way to download custom patterns to it. I checked into that many years ago, couldn’t find a way to do it, and assumed that they didn’t want competition for their canned pattern cartridges (which undoubtedly have huge profit margins). What’s your process for custom patterns?
Well buckeye my wife has two Cricuts. One is the old style with the cartridges and the other is called an explorer which will connect to my computer and I can download custom patterns to it. My son does a lot of vinyl graphic stuff with it too for his Jeep. It is sweet.
Dang it! :(

Hmmm ... I might have to see if the wife would like a new one for Christmas. :D
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:
Spooner wrote:
Dang it! :(

Hmmm ... I might have to see if the wife would like a new one for Christmas. :D

Now you're thinking!!!!
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Jigsaw 610

Post by JPG »

"Wishful" thinking? :rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

JPG wrote:"Wishful" thinking? :rolleyes:
OUch!!!! Apply ointment directly to burn!!!! That's just harsh JPG... :D
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Spooner wrote:
JPG wrote:"Wishful" thinking? :rolleyes:
OUch!!!! Apply ointment directly to burn!!!! That's just harsh JPG... :D
HEY! It was meant to be a pun. :)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

Well my deep cut knife came in today so now we're cutting.
IMG_2291-R.png
IMG_2291-R.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 3158 times
IMG_2293-R.png
IMG_2293-R.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 3158 times
IMG_2294-R.png
IMG_2294-R.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 3158 times
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

That’s really sweet, Spooner!

I just realized that I have some other applications that a new Cricut would be useful for. What’s your source for the gasket material?
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:That’s really sweet, Spooner!

I just realized that I have some other applications that a new Cricut would be useful for. What’s your source for the gasket material?
Amazon is where I got the material in the pictures. But the Cricut isn't cutting completely through. I'm going to get a hold of Cricut support today and find out why. If it can't cut this material I'll have to find a different kind and see if it can cut that.
Spooner
Gold Member

Re: Jigsaw 610 Restore Parts

Post by Spooner »

Okay so it's official. I now have a means of duplicating the Jigsaw oil gasket, the air pump leather gasket, the table insert and the yoke. You could do a total restore from these parts.
IMG_2326-R.png
IMG_2326-R.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 2985 times
IMG_2327-R.png
IMG_2327-R.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2985 times