510 Greenie Tribute

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

benmcn
Gold Member

510 Greenie Tribute

Post by benmcn »

About 15 years ago I purchased a Shopsmith bench assembly off of ebay. At the time I thought it would be a great place to store my Jointer and Belt Sander. The bench was a little rough so painted it with some gray paint which wasn't even close to being the right color. Later I thought the bench would also make a great out feed table for my Model 500 and so I picked up another 500 carriage and table. Of course that got me thinking that if I had another headstock I would have two Shopsmiths... and that's when I knew I was addicted. Eventually I acquired a new headstock and latter on a 510 table system for the bench assembly. Throughout this upgrade process the original gray paint I used on the bench assembly has bugged me. Recently I had a little extra time so I decided to do a little cosmetic work on this machine. In addition to a new paint job I added a longer heavy duty cord and premium casters. For what is worth, my daughter says she likes this color the best.
Attachments
510 with the wrong color gray
510 with the wrong color gray
Nasty Gray Paint.jpg (79.36 KiB) Viewed 4764 times
Greenie Tribute
Greenie Tribute
510 Greenie.jpg (92.88 KiB) Viewed 4764 times
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: 510 Greenie Tribute

Post by JPG »

Blasphemy!!!!! :D

"C" headstock and 510 table etc.

Sure does look good. :cool:

P.S. Yer daughter is a keeper!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

The red crank and red wheels really set it off and work well!

Great job, wheel'er over my way when you get a chance!
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Although it's a "C" headstock and 510 Table System your Greenie looks good. Goldies are pretty sharp looking colors too. :D
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.