ProPlaner Setup Question

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Lodgepole
Gold Member

ProPlaner Setup Question

Post by Lodgepole »

ProPlaner Manual: Page 10, Planer Setup, 6. Attach the V-belt...."The belt should have approximately 1/2 inch deflection on each side."

This seems like i would need a couple of more hands to be able to take this measurement. Rather than this method, can I put a straight edge on one side and measure the deflection as 1"?

Any other suggestions on how to handle this part of the setup would be greatly appreciated.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Re: ProPlaner Setup Question

Post by everettdavis »

Squeeze the belt together about midway on both sides with one hand.

It should deflect inward about the width of the belt on each side, no further.

Everett
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Lodgepole wrote:ProPlaner Manual: Page 10, Planer Setup, 6. Attach the V-belt...."The belt should have approximately 1/2 inch deflection on each side."

This seems like i would need a couple of more hands to be able to take this measurement. Rather than this method, can I put a straight edge on one side and measure the deflection as 1"?

Any other suggestions on how to handle this part of the setup would be greatly appreciated.
The key word here is approximately. This is not a precise measurement. Do as Everett says and all will be fine.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Lodgepole
Gold Member

Post by Lodgepole »

Thank you both for this information!