Sliding T-nuts for rip fence

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dannyshamoon
Gold Member

Sliding T-nuts for rip fence

Post by dannyshamoon »

I have an updated 500 rip fence and would like some sliding T-nuts to the top of it. I did a search in the messages and found one dated in 2011 about a company in Canada that supposedly had some, but no luck. Are there any alternatives or is the ones SS sells the only option?
THANKS for the help
Danny
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Sliding T-nuts for rip fence

Post by JPG »

I am gonna say the SS ones are de best option. $$$ yes.

I have made some from thin slivers of walnut and t-nuts. Not as robust, but do work with light 'load'.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
DLB
Platinum Member

Re: Sliding T-nuts for rip fence

Post by DLB »

I made some by welding two sizes of steel flat bar because I wanted offset holes. Someone in another thread made some using epoxy and aluminum flat bar. I'd say Shopsmith's are a bargain in comparison.

- David