Jigsaw parts

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Louis
Bronze Member

Jigsaw parts

Post by Louis »

I have a shopsmith jigsaw 18” model 610 and I’m looking for part #s 502236 and 502238. Jaw- upper Chuck. Do they still make or sell them anywhere. Thanks for the help. By the way I’m new to this forum
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Jigsaw parts

Post by chapmanruss »

Louis,

Welcome to the Shopsmith Forum. The Jig Saw was discontinued quite a few years ago after the Scroll Saw became popular. Shopsmith has quit making replacement parts for it and has been selling out what they had on hand. Unfortunately the two parts you are asking about are no longer available new from Shopsmith. That leaves the used market. Keep an eye out on the online auctions for parts. Jig Saw parts do come up on ebay regularly although you may have to buy the whole Upper Assembly to get them.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
Louis
Bronze Member

Re: Jigsaw parts

Post by Louis »

Russ. Thank you for the information and the quick response. I’ll keep a lookout like you mentioned. Thanks again