Yet another 3D printed coupler design

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

edma194
Platinum Member

Re: Yet another 3D printed coupler design

Post by edma194 »

Thanks Russ. It's pretty cool to see this evolution of couplers and now into the future with printed designs like Paul's.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I was very busy in the shop last week. The bandsaw and the jointer got a workout. So did I. Poor shop planning on my part but I was constantly back and forth between the two. Each time relocating the power coupler. It has worked fabulously and is showing no sign of wear and tear. Without the spring it is a bit harder to pull off but that has but caused a problem.

I would say that you (and I) have a winner here. Thanks a lot for letting me give it a workout.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
paulrussell
Platinum Member

Post by paulrussell »

dusty wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:30 pm I would say that you (and I) have a winner here. Thanks a lot for letting me give it a workout.
Awesome to hear. Thanks!
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

The picture I posted of the 6 couplers is missing a 7th one which goes between the top three and the bottom three. It is the same as the 3rd one from the top which is the Magna American stick on labeled coupler with the Shopsmith Inc. stick on label. The same material just a different label. There could be more versions but I believe that is it other than the built in coupler for the air compressors.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
shackman66
Silver Member

Post by shackman66 »

Hi Paul. I just picked up two SS and four tools that need a coupler (or two so I can leave stuff set up) to work. I've checked with the Canadian SS distributor and looked at an "unbreakable" on on E-bay but it uses a custom shaft adapter and after reading what others have written not so sure unbreakable is a great idea. I'm a big proponent of supporting community based solutions. If you are still making them I'd be interested in testing for you and provide an appropriate donation to your research effort. PM me if interested.
MK5 344440 - 1956, MK5 100952 - 1981, Magna Model 610, Magna Model 620, Magna Model 630
jmoore65
Gold Member

Post by jmoore65 »

I'm thinking that having a 45degree angled back between the connectors and shaft might provide additional support