DC3300 plastic bags

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

psikes
Gold Member

DC3300 plastic bags

Post by psikes »

Just wondering if anyone has found another bag that fits on the DC3300 other than the one from Shopsmith? The shipping charges and slow response has me looking for other options like Amazon.

Thanks, Phil
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: DC3300 plastic bags

Post by JPG »

Try the man from glad! Cinch tie comes to mind.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
psikes
Gold Member

Post by psikes »

They don’t blow out on you? Happy to go the cheaper route if possible. I really lucked out and my used unit has the 42” top hood.
paulrussell
Platinum Member

Post by paulrussell »

psikes wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:59 pm They don’t blow out on you? Happy to go the cheaper route if possible. I really lucked out and my used unit has the 42” top hood.
I reuse them and empty into normal trash bags. Duct tape does a great job if dealing with any holes that occur up until the bag is complete toast.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

paulrussell wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:57 am
psikes wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:59 pm They don’t blow out on you? Happy to go the cheaper route if possible. I really lucked out and my used unit has the 42” top hood.
I reuse them and empty into normal trash bags. Duct tape does a great job if dealing with any holes that occur up until the bag is complete toast.
Use the heavy duty reinforced cinch tie bags.(the ones with a draw string)

Glad 30 gallon "force flex".
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
psikes
Gold Member

Post by psikes »

Thanks, I will give them a shot.

Phil
psikes
Gold Member

Post by psikes »

Works like a champ. No more dust leaking around the lower bags top end. The lower cloth bag that came with my used unit was not a stock item and I really have no idea what it would fit. It is safely tucked away for some future use now. Thanks for the tip.

By the way, the 3300 beats the pants off of my old Jet unit I had once before.I do not remember the model number but it was a light weight for sure.

Phil
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Who let this one through?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

JPG wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:44 pm Who let this one through?
You mean the on topic post/link one?
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

bilbobegins wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:46 am Nowadays, trash bags are easy to buy in almost every store; I usually buy in bulk at https://www.interplas.com/trash-bags. They have a low price, so they are used everywhere: homes, hospitals, schools, kindergartens, various businesses, etc. They have even begun to be used on street garbage cans, which has greatly simplified cleaners' work. Also, thanks to them, the removal of household waste in our cities has become noticeably cleaner and more environmentally friendly because now the garbage is not blown by the wind when loading it into the garbage truck.
Yes it IS on topic. It IS the only/first post by that individual.

I simply find that suspicious.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝