Beginning fixing up a 10E — Need help please

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Beginning fixing up a 10E — Need help please

Post by RFGuy »

JPG wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:36 pm RF Guy: RE unanswered example:

Late reply, but those 'unanswered' questions were quite narrow and it is likely no one HAS an answer. There are times when PM's are the better approach, but that is far from perfect also(easy to miss completely).
JPG,

Thanks. Yeah, I have given up on some of those unanswered ?'s...members are just too busy and/or leaning on FB vs. the forum lately I think. That or my ?'s are too tedious. ;)
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

JPG said,
There are times when PM's are the better approach, but that is far from perfect also(easy to miss completely).
I am guilty of not noticing when I have a PM. In fact reading this comment from JPG made me look and see I have a new PM. Time to go look at it.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
XxBlackbeardxX
Bronze Member

Post by XxBlackbeardxX »

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I am looking for some guidance.

I just picked up a model 10E from the garage of an estate as it looked in decent condition and it was free with a huge bag of accessories. I am also just getting into wood working thus I am not familiar with the machine if it were in the best of shape. I am curious if anyone knows of or has posted a startup guide or components that should be thoroughly checked prior to startup to ensure no further damage is to occur. I know the unit runs, but I would like to get it running as if almost new.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

XxBlackbeardxX,

It may be easier if you started your own thread to keep just your questions and answers in one place rather than starting on an old thread. We can certainly help. For some information about the Shopsmith Model 10E and 10ER check the link below Titled Shopsmith Model 10's What, When and Where. It is a thread I started that covers a lot of history and information about the Model 10E and 10ER.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23647

On the Maintenance and Repair page is the following information that may be helpful.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5074

As I said before we can certainly help with any questions you have and look forward to hearing more from you.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.