610 Jigsaw blade alignment

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

eagspoo
Gold Member

Re: 610 Jigsaw blade alignment

Post by eagspoo »

Just tried that. Moved the upper chuck right very slightly but nowhere near enough. I'm really thinking this thing was dropped hard at some point.
eagspoo
Gold Member

Post by eagspoo »

Ok, this looks fairly aligned but as you can see, the arm tube is pulled away from the eccentric sleeve by about 5mm, quite a lot.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 8.53.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 8.53.29 PM.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 702 times
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I am not sure how one would go about checking that the upper cylinder is in line with the lower shaft. To me that seems to be the problem here. You could check to see if the arm has been bent at all. I measured one of mine with the lower assembly removed and it was 11-3/32" between the tube ends. The measurement was between the facing surfaces of the arm at the tube ends as indicated by the arrows in the picture below but with the lower assembly removed from the arm. The one I measured is not the one I normally use but is still a new in box Jig Saw from May 1984 so should be accurate. I would think if the Jig Saw had been dropped at some point with a hard enough impact to bend the arm it would show some surface damage.

_
Jig Saw arm measurement.jpg
Jig Saw arm measurement.jpg (112.74 KiB) Viewed 685 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
eagspoo
Gold Member

Post by eagspoo »

What tubing do you all recommend for the air? I found some of the right diameter at Lowes but it is pretty stiff and wants to kink, rather than bend, when the guard and chuck are close to each other.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

eagspoo wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:44 pm What tubing do you all recommend for the air? I found some of the right diameter at Lowes but it is pretty stiff and wants to kink, rather than bend, when the guard and chuck are close to each other.
Aquarium air pump aerator tube.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
eagspoo
Gold Member

Post by eagspoo »

I'm also at almost exactly 11 3/8 inches. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯