dust collector filters

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wa2crk
Platinum Member

dust collector filters

Post by wa2crk »

Does anyone know if there is a canister style filter on the market that will fit the DC3300 dust collector?
Bill V
DLB
Platinum Member

Re: dust collector filters

Post by DLB »

wa2crk wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:26 pm Does anyone know if there is a canister style filter on the market that will fit the DC3300 dust collector?
Bill V
There was some relatively recent discussion starting here: viewtopic.php?p=276991#p276991 This is an adaptation following some research by the OP into the matter. I've been wondering about a simpler version, basically just an adapter ring (donut) that would keep the profile low like the short hood. Seems feasible, assuming one can find a suitable filter with a larger ID and hopefully shorter length, but that is the extent of my effort. The subject also came up in discussion of the new SS DC, but I don't recall any new info. So, I don't know of one but wanted to bump your question.

- David
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

I really don't understand why Shopsmith doesn't offer an upgrade for a HEPA cartridge filter to go on the DC-3300. I don't think it would take that much development effort for them to put together a kit for this with an adapter plate. Of course, the market may be smaller than I think because unfortunately too many woodworkers continue to use hood filters that leak fine dust particulate like a sieve and damage their health...
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

RFGuy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:43 pm I really don't understand why Shopsmith doesn't offer an upgrade for a HEPA cartridge filter to go on the DC-3300. I don't think it would take that much development effort for them to put together a kit for this with an adapter plate. Of course, the market may be smaller than I think...
This seems like something they would have spent a few bucks evaluating, especially during DC-6000 development. Not that I have any explanation for not ending up with a canister option, as it seems even more obvious an answer for the 6000. (Along with 4" hose support.)

- David