PowerPro issues

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RogerBeng21
Bronze Member

PowerPro issues

Post by RogerBeng21 »

I installed my PowerPro in 2019 after it sat in the box for 2 years. In the last 6 months I have started having the following issue: after running the PowerPro for a while the display will start cycling thru the startup sequence get part way through it and start all over again. I have to turn the PowerPro off by the main switch wait a couple minutes then start up again before it will work again. Then longer I am using the SS the more frequent this occurs until I am having to turn off with main switch each time I run it. This seems to occur quicker if it is a hot day and my garage door is open. Any others with similar startup display issues cycling thru?

Thanks
Last edited by RogerBeng21 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogerBeng21
Bronze Member

Re: PowerPro issues

Post by RogerBeng21 »

In my last post it auto corrected PowerPro with PowerPoint and I didn't catch it. SS customer service replied with their standard email regarding issues out of warranty to review web site manuals or schedule a call with their engineer for $20 for 15 min. I really do not like that part of their customer service.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Yeah, I kind of figured that autocorrect was to blame here. I don't own a PowerPro so I didn't respond. Just to understand though, you are saying that on power up, the controls/display keep restarting/rebooting? Is that correct? There is a short troubleshooting document on the PowerPro from Shopsmith, but I didn't see anything on this in there, but maybe one of the other forum members has seen this issue on their PowerPro.

MARK_7_Troubleshooting.pdf
(58.29 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

You should be able to edit your post and fix the powerpoint auto correct. If you need help let me know and I think I can do it for you??

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

I did find one previous Shopsmith forum thread from 2018 that seems to have a similar PowerPro problem, but I don't know what the resolution was for them.

viewtopic.php?p=252999#p252999
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
RogerBeng21
Bronze Member

Post by RogerBeng21 »

Yes, the control display starts rebooting but the sequence never finishes and it starts over again, forcing me to turn it off then back on again. I have a video but it maybe too large a file to upload. Can videos be uploaded to this form?

I did edit my post, but can I edit the topic title?