Verde Green hammered spray paint

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

yellowbug
Gold Member

Verde Green hammered spray paint

Post by yellowbug »

I have some Rust-Oleum Hammered Verde Green #7219 spray paint good match for Greenie's

PM me for details

"Cover in sawdust"

Bill
jstamp57
Bronze Member

Re: Verde Green hammered spray paint

Post by jstamp57 »

do you still have Verde green, picked up a 54 model original and running and worthy on restoration, thank you for your time.
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Verde Green hammered spray paint was discontinued numerous years ago.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

Still listed on the Rustoleum web site,
https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catal ... de%20Green
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Interesting, I looked for it a few months ago and Verde Green along with Copper and Oatmeal I have used to restore "Goldies" was no longer listed. Copper is also back listed on the Rust-oleum website in the link Ron provided but not Oatmeal which is closer to the original color than Gold. The find-a-store results have Verde Green at very few locations and 50 miles or more from me. I have to wonder if this is still stock on hand since none is available closer to me and I live in the largest metropolitan area in the state. Out of the 10 closest stores having it only 4 stores in Oregon are listed, 2 in Washington, 1 in Idaho and 3 in Northern California.

This is also on the find-a-store results page
Please confirm product is in stock

Rust-Oleum recommends calling your retailer to
verify it has the product you’re looking for in stock.

Most retailers will special order the product you’re
looking for upon request.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
rbm
Bronze Member

Post by rbm »

Did anybody ever find the Verde Green Hammered spray paint. I called Rust-Oleum today they said it is not discontinued, but are out of stock (covid) and are not sure when it would be produced again. Most of the retailers I have checked do/did not carry it anyway. Menards up in the north east and Southerlands down here in the South did but were out at all stores. It is also the color the 1970's model Wilton bench vice I am trying to paint. I have invested a lot of time trying to find a can of this paint. If anybody has any or know who does I would appreciate a little help.
benmcn
Gold Member

Post by benmcn »

Have you considered purchasing a spray can of green paint from Shopsmith?

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... ppaint.htm

The cost per can of $17.89 plus shipping is a little hard to swallow but might be your best option.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

It ain't "hammered".
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
benmcn
Gold Member

Post by benmcn »

Well, it might not be “hammered”, but it is:
- a close color match to the Verde Green
- available (unlike the the Hammered Verde Green)
- might work just fine for a smaller project like the Wilton Bench Vice that rbm is trying to restore
And finally
- really expensive compared to the list price for a rattle can of Rustloeum.
😊
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I agree the color is a good match.

Actually the rustoleum hammered is only a close match as well.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange