Noisy Jointer

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

garyshell
Silver Member

Re: Noisy Jointer

Post by garyshell »

So would the loctite not be sufficient?
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I have never had a pulley set screw come loose and I don't understand why it is but hopefully the Loctite will work. bill50cal and JPG were offering other options. If I was having that problem, I think I would try the nylock set screw option first. Not to say Loctite is not a good option just that a nylock set screw would simply be my preference.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

Regarding the link belt clearance. You could rotate the eccentric tubes 180 deg. so that the offset is towards the opening instead of away from it. That would move the pulley to where the legs on the mounting base are further apart and give you more clearance.
. :)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
garyshell
Silver Member

Post by garyshell »

rpd wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:14 am Regarding the link belt clearance. You could rotate the eccentric tubes 180 deg. so that the offset is towards the opening instead of away from it. That would move the pulley to where the legs on the mounting base are further apart and give you more clearance.
. :)
I will take a look at this tonight.
Thanks.