needed SS jigsaw guide please help

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

75601Bruce
Bronze Member

needed SS jigsaw guide please help

Post by 75601Bruce »

Hello to all.
I need to find the SS jigsaw blade Guide the whole thing from the guide rod down.
any and all help would be super..As i am now going tp make my very first rocking
horse for my grand daughter Veda
ShoptimusPrime
Gold Member

Re: needed SS jigsaw guide please help

Post by ShoptimusPrime »

Can you provide a bit more information? Which jigsaw? And part numbers or a picture with where the missing parts are supposed to be.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: needed SS jigsaw guide please help

Post by chapmanruss »

75601Bruce,

First off welcome to the Shopsmith Forum. Why ShoptimusPrime is asking for more information is there have been 2 Jig Saws made for Shopsmith tools. The first was only for use on the Shopsmith Model 10E and 10ER in the late 1940's to early 50's. The other is the Jig Saw made for the Mark Series Shopsmith's and can be used separately also. They are very different and need different replacement parts. Both of these Jig Saws are out of production and replacement parts generally have to be found used.

The first Jig Saw shown below is one for the Model 10E and 10ER. It is the second version made with changes to the main housing.

_
Jig Saw V2.jpg
Jig Saw V2.jpg (99.66 KiB) Viewed 379 times
The Jig Saw shown below is the one for the Mark Series tools and stand-alone use on a motorized stand. The one shown is painted in the "Greenie" colors as it was when new in 1957. Later they were painted in the "Goldie" colors and lastly the Shopsmith gray color.

_
Jig Saw 1957 Greenie.jpg
Jig Saw 1957 Greenie.jpg (84.21 KiB) Viewed 379 times
If you can describe what you need in more detail and even attach pictures, we can help guide you. Since, as I stated before, these Jig Saws are out of production you will likely have to find replacement parts on the used market. That sometimes requires waiting a long time for them to show up for sale. Shopsmith has few if any new replacement parts left in stock for the Jig Saw shown in the lower picture above.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.