Restoration Progress On My 1955 Greenie

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

heathicus
Platinum Member

Post by heathicus »

Wow. :eek:
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

heathicus wrote:Wow. :eek:

Good comment...
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
horologist
Gold Member

Post by horologist »

heathicus wrote:Wow. :eek:
Yes, that sums it up pretty nicely.
The best equipped laundry room in the neighborhood...
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

horologist wrote:Yes, that sums it up pretty nicely.
Typing NOT necessary! The pix say it ALL! It has been an interesting and educational journey for us all.:)GREAT JOB!!!!!

Made any SAWDUST yet?:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

I must agree Great Job
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
tom_k/mo
Platinum Member

Post by tom_k/mo »

Great job Mike, the wait was worth it. What attention to detail!!! Bet it didn't look that good when it left the factory.
ShopSmith MarkV-520 with Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw, Strip Sander, Scroll Saw and Biscuit Jointer SPTs and a DC-3300...
Woodworking Hobbyist (Check out all my Woodworking Plans (http://vbwhiz.isa-geek.net/plans)
Aspiring Sandcarver: Breaking glass one grain at a time.
Black Powder Shooter (love the smell of burning sulfur).
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

tom_k/mo wrote:Great job Mike, the wait was worth it. What attention to detail!!! Bet it didn't look that good when it left the factory.
One thing is for sure: The aluminum was NOT polished when it left the factory!:p
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
judaspre1982
Platinum Member

Post by judaspre1982 »

=====================
Last edited by judaspre1982 on Fri May 19, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

judaspre1982 wrote:Mike , very impressive. Your passion to bring the machine back to life really shows in the end product. Great work!! Now it is time to get just as familiar with its multifunctions. Be safe and congratulations on a job well done.------Dave-------- PS , is this the longest thread in history or what?:D
If NOT the longest, certainly the most educational!:)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

etc92guy
Gold Member

Post by etc92guy »

[ATTACH]4346[/ATTACH]

MickyD - A heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS. You've inspired me to try metal polishing........

.....and I'm wondering if a polished headstock would be to much?
Attachments
party.gif
party.gif (6.33 KiB) Viewed 4115 times