Restoration Progress On My 1955 Greenie

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

judaspre1982
Platinum Member

RE:Caution Label

Post by judaspre1982 »

===================
Last edited by judaspre1982 on Sat May 20, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

JPG40504 wrote:The page 'number' is gone on my goldie label, BUT it says 'OWNER'S MANUAL'.

Dusty's format and line grouping and capitalization are correct. Only the word USER'S is different from mine. The word CAUTION is slightly larger AND underlined.

The page in the manual with pertinent instructions(twice) is page 2(Inside front cover). Do not have time soon to post a pix, but if interested, I will later.:)
I'm intrested in seeing the Goldie label when you have the time.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

There obviously are some slight differences. The word CAUTION underlined or not underlined. See Dave's photo - clearly no underline.

As for owner's vs user's - I really can't tell for sure.

I did find my Crafter's Station labels.
Attachments
P4020010.JPG
P4020010.JPG (146.71 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
P4020006.JPG
P4020006.JPG (143.99 KiB) Viewed 4322 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
judaspre1982
Platinum Member

RE: Caution Label For 1955 Greenie

Post by judaspre1982 »

==============================
Last edited by judaspre1982 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tom_k/mo
Platinum Member

Post by tom_k/mo »

Dave, if you can provide me with the overall length and width of your original decal, I can do up the artwork for a new decal matching the fonts, spacing and everything and make it available that can be downloaded and printed.
ShopSmith MarkV-520 with Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw, Strip Sander, Scroll Saw and Biscuit Jointer SPTs and a DC-3300...
Woodworking Hobbyist (Check out all my Woodworking Plans (http://vbwhiz.isa-geek.net/plans)
Aspiring Sandcarver: Breaking glass one grain at a time.
Black Powder Shooter (love the smell of burning sulfur).
easterngray
Platinum Member

Post by easterngray »

I can do up the artwork for a new decal matching the fonts, spacing and everything and make it available that can be downloaded and printed
Tom I would love to see that - it would be great for my Goldie. Alec
1960 Aniversary Model Mark 5 500 "Goldie" with most SPT's
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mickyd wrote:I'm intrested in seeing the Goldie label when you have the time.
If you REALLY want a pix of my badly separated and missing parts label I WILL post it. However the pix by judspre are much better AND complete and are identical, except my "CAUTION" is underlined.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

tom_k/mo wrote:Dave, if you can provide me with the overall length and width of your original decal, I can do up the artwork for a new decal matching the fonts, spacing and everything and make it available that can be downloaded and printed.
My label is(WAS) 2" x 2".

BTW When I looked in my owners manual, NONE of the illustrations have this label on the Mark 5!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

JPG40504 wrote:My label is(WAS) 2" x 2".

BTW When I looked in my owners manual, NONE of the illustrations have this label on the Mark 5!
:rolleyes:I guess the pictures must have been taken before the labels were attached.:rolleyes:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote::rolleyes:I guess the pictures must have been taken before the labels were attached.:rolleyes:
No S**t!:D Do you REALLY think so?;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝