Gilmer Drive System - Cleaning, inspecting, testing

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

SDSSmith wrote:Who else supplies the correct size Gilmer belt?
Shhhh! It's a 'trade' secret!:eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jpalmer59
Bronze Member

Post by jpalmer59 »

I am confused why you did not just attach one of the arbors on to the shaft and use the nuts that come with them?
Joel Palmer
Mesquite Texas
jpalmer59
Bronze Member

Post by jpalmer59 »

billmayo wrote:There are an additional Gilmer belt supplier so the belts are not a future supply problem.
Ok, Bill fess up who is the other supplier?http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/images/ ... /smile.gif
Joel Palmer
Mesquite Texas
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jpalmer59 wrote:I am confused why you did not just attach one of the arbors on to the shaft and use the nuts that come with them?

Now I am confused!:confused:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

JPG40504 wrote:Now I am confused!:confused:
Well that's a change.:D
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

SDSSmith wrote:Well that's a change.:D
It does happen!:eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

jpalmer59 wrote:Ok, Bill fess up who is the other supplier?http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/images/ ... /smile.gif
Check Ebay sellers. I buy a lot of different parts from this seller. Outstanding service, quick shipping. He has made/manufactured some Shopsmith parts that are not available from Shopsmith. He offers other unique items that can be used on the shopsmith. Feel free to use my name when dealing with him. He has been outstanding in my dealings with him.
Bill Mayo bill.mayo@verizon.net
Shopsmith owner since 73. Sell, repair and rebuild Shopsmith, Total Shop & Wood Master headstocks, SPTs, attachments, accessories and parts. US Navy 1955-1975 (FTCS/E-8)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

billmayo wrote:Check Ebay sellers. I buy a lot of different parts from this seller. Outstanding service, quick shipping. He has made/manufactured some Shopsmith parts that are not available from Shopsmith. He offers other unique items that can be used on the shopsmith. Feel free to use my name when dealing with him. He has been outstanding in my dealings with him.
Who 'he'?...............:confused:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

JPG40504 wrote:Who 'he'?...............:confused:

Shhhh! It's a 'trade' secret!:eek:
.......................]
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
wildthings
Bronze Member

Post by wildthings »

mickyd wrote:Got my Gilmer clutch cleaned, reassembled, and torque tested last night.
Do tell please what's the trick to getting the spring compressed enough to put the retaining ring back in place?? YIKES!!