Shopsmith Bearings

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Mark 5/V Bearings

Post by JPG »

;) Maybe a moderator?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Re: Shopsmith Bearings

Post by HopefulSSer »

Thanks! Appreciate the tweak. But someone not paying attention or not familiar with bearings (guilty as charged on both counts ;) ) could read that as all 6202 bearings have a 5/8" I.D. Maybe something like "Note: make sure 5/8" I.D., not 15mm"

Cheers!
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Since Bucksaw is no longer available, and if no one objects I'll extract the relevant posts from this thread and start a new one with the data organized both by part# and size. I believe default searches will show the most recent thread first and perhaps we can get a link into the Everything Mark 5 / V - Technical info, documentation, links thread.

The thread will start with a few place holder posts for the re-organized data followed by the original posts for background. Hopefully you guys will proofread my work.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Post by HopefulSSer »

Sounds great! Thanks!
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

edma194 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:44 am Since Bucksaw is no longer available, and if no one objects I'll extract the relevant posts from this thread and start a new one with the data organized both by part# and size. I believe default searches will show the most recent thread first and perhaps we can get a link into the Everything Mark 5 / V - Technical info, documentation, links thread.

The thread will start with a few place holder posts for the re-organized data followed by the original posts for background. Hopefully you guys will proofread my work.
Check Everett's Google drive. I believe he has already done that.

I just checked. He has a folder on his drive called "Bearings". It is worth checking before you go to all the time and trouble to recreate what has already been done.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

I did find that and don't see a need to go further. There is a chart at the end of the ShopSmith Bearings Guide with great detail, found at this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1p8_y ... ptFgPzexcA

Perhaps a link can be added upthread or to the Everything Mark 5/V thread to point people there faster.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER