Everything Mark 5 / V - Technical info, documentation, links

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

admin
Gold Member

Re: Everything Mark 5 / V - Technical info, documentation, l

Post by admin »

cadman57 wrote:Why are a number of the links not able to be shown .............. something about "Religion" problem and showing the information is halted ???

This has to be an incorrect situation ............. is it because some of the titles say "Reborn .........."

How crazy is this ???

dave
They should work now.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: how hard should it be to turn the thickness planer adjustment

Post by Hobbyman2 »

onevw wrote:I got this thickness planer with the cast alum round handle used to adjust the plate. It is hard to turn, I lubed the lead screws with bo-shield a light lubricant usually used for Alum. But is still very hard the turn handle. Not sure how hard this should be. And help will be appreciated.
Thanks RICK

======================
It is probably dust..

I am no expert ,,,,so allow me to just ask a question,,,, when the table moves up and down ,,,,,it slides in a track on the ends,,, could they be full of dust ,,or even rust?

my dad has a planer that adjust the table with a chain when ya turn the crank handle, constant cleaning is a good thing.

good luck

Hobbyman2
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Everything Mark 5 / V - Technical info, documentation, links

Post by JPG »

It should turn quite easily.

I would be suspicious of the elevator(jack screws) sprockets being out of sync with each other. Have you checked the side to side/front to rear alignment to the cross bars?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
reddogsolar
Bronze Member

Post by reddogsolar »

Good afternoon JPG,
I picked up a shopsmith at the town dump recently. Needed to reverse engineer the power plant lock to get it from moving down the rails. Question, just bought some sanding parts from Shopsmith and a instruction manual but none of the Mark V model 500 or Mark V model 510 pats match my machine.
The red disc has Model ER serial no. ER35189. wish to find a shop manual to learn about the RPM speeds and set ups.
Thank you
Hartley
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Your turn Everett.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Sorry JPG,

I have been out of the loop on this one.

I would advise them to follow the link at https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 90#p185690

Find the My Google Drive link just after the first four PDF's and find the Fully Restored 10E and 10ER manuals under the 10E& 10ER folders. You can download them and find a good bit of other information on the 10E and 10ER's.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

SPAM coming!
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

jsburger wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:29 pmSPAM coming!
Why would spam be coming now?

You were the first person to post in this thread since May 8, 2017.

Everett
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

I imagine an admin has removed some intervening post.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

edma194 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:21 am I imagine an admin has removed some intervening post.
Yes admin/moderator removed the posts.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT