online ordering

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

kalynzoo
Platinum Member

Post by kalynzoo »

Please, whisper only about the no sales tax. California is sending out a self evaluation form, and threatening to audit if the form is not returned, small businesses with gross sales of $100,000 or more for sales tax on purchases. You need to produce records for your copy machine products, computers and software updates, materials, etc. The Feds are still pushing to create a national sales tax....might be acceptable if they took some other taxes away, but we all know better than that.
Back to Amazon. Love them. Easy to order, prompt reply. However, I have noticed if you look at the Amazon price then Google other distributors, Amazon is often a little more expensive. Factor in free shipping and (shush...the item mentioned above) and the price is often a wash.
ShopSmith's problem is not the easy to use ordering website. It appears to be the ability to supply products on demand. Hopefully the economy will improve, their market will expand, and distribution will improve because they will be again able to staff their facility.
Gary Kalyn
Kalynzoo Productions
Woodworking
Porter Ranch/Northridge
Los Angeles, CA
Stitch
Gold Member

Post by Stitch »

I must admit that free shipping would be nice. That carrot has been dangled so I went to see what I could see. I entered / all departments / shopsmith miter gauge and got this.

OKAY maybe that was not a good test so I tried saw blade 1 1/4" arbor and got this.

Amazon may be great for some things and some people but leave me out.
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

The reason to be on Amazon is the same reason to be on ebay - it is the default place for many people to go when they want to buy stuff online.

The reason to not be on Amazon is that you are competing head to head against the traditional companies. As a result, the prices/features battle is more prevalent. Shopsmith's sales route of state fairs and store demos is probably their best bet in terms of getting new sales.
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I've had excellent luck ordering online from Shopsmith. Twice this winter I broke my Shopsmith and needed parts to get running again. Both times I ordered and the parts were in my hand in 2 or 3 days. I don't get any better service from anywhere, and much worse from many places.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

tomsalwasser wrote:I wish Shopsmith would farm out their online ordering to amazon.

I thought this was an April Fool's Joke! Amazon ordering has become such a chore for everyone in this family, we simply will not use them for ANYTHING!!!!

The only problem I've had with Shopsmith ordering is backorders. These have never given e a problem.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA