Como se llamo esto

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Como se llamo esto

Post by dusty »

beeg wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:12 pm
jsburger wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:18 pm

No, but it is certainly not on topic. It has absolutely nothing to do with wood working.

Interpretation Please. What is the criteria for "on topic"? Surely it does not exclude all discussions that are about other than woodworking.

If it does - we are "not on topic".

The OP's post does not belong in "General Woodworking". The criteria for "on topic" comes directly from the forum definition...

"General Woodworking
This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas. "

The OP's post is off topic for this forum. It belongs in the "Community" form if you think it deserves to be here at all.

As far as I am concerned we are on topic because the OP's post was off topic to begin with by the very definition of the topics for this forum. If you want to nit pick then move the discussion to the Community forum and link it back to this thread. :eek:
So any new member that posts "off topic", should be disapproved and banned? Replying to an "off topic" doesn't make two wrongs a right. :D So ANY "off topic" post should be deleted?
Those would be tough rules to follow here. I would probably be banned within weeks. Many of our discussions lead us "off topic". If the topic begins for example as ripping long pieces on the Shopsmith and we end up discussing jointing the edges of these pieces - are we off topic. Strictly speaking, I believe we are. Just like right now. We are way off topic.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Como se llamo esto

Post by JPG »

beeg wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:12 pm

So any new member that posts "off topic", should be disapproved and banned? Replying to an "off topic" doesn't make two wrongs a right. :D So ANY "off topic" post should be deleted?

NO Correct NO

JMHO
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange