Help identifying newly acquired SS parts

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

scollins
Gold Member

Help identifying newly acquired SS parts

Post by scollins »

Just picked up another SS mid-eighties model w/two bearing quill and a bunch of little parts
Attachments
IMG_1834 (Small).jpg
IMG_1834 (Small).jpg (36.77 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
IMG_1832 (Small).jpg
IMG_1832 (Small).jpg (29.55 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
IMG_1835 (Small).jpg
IMG_1835 (Small).jpg (27.22 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

The only one that I recognize is at the top left in photo #1 and it appears to be a quadrant from a jointer. These have a tendency to go bad if they are overtightened, so a close inspection/comparison is in order. I can't readily identify any of the others and some may be from a 10ER or 10E
Sorry;
Bill V
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Third pix ur rear clamp from 500 fence.

left = jig saw blade guides.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

lower left in shot one is an arbor, possibly for grinding or buffing wheels. I would check the diameter both of the screw but also the sleeve. I have had a few of these that came with various units.

As noted, the upper left is from a jointer. Upper right appears to be the back plate of a faceplate adapter. The main time I have seen those is when they have been attached to three jaw chucks.
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

At the bottom right in the top picture is a very small plane made of pot metal that was designed to use common double edge razor blades for a cutting edge. The blade could be used in 3 or 4 positions along the sole from the heel to moving the center holder up to the toe. I have one that came to me through an uncle that passed away back in the 1960's. It "almost" works... :rolleyes: They did demo quite well (with the right wood) and guys stood in booths demo-ing them at fairs and shows back in the 1950's and 1960's in particular. I suspect that some guys sold a thousand a day for a buck or two apiece. As razor blades got thinner they became even less effective and today most occupy space in the back of a drawer somewhere in shops of guys like me that cannot bring themselves to throw any kind of tool away. :rolleyes:
Do a Google image search on:
razor blade plane
There were several kinds, mine is a Wil-kro.
Lee Valley still sells a different version.

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
peterm
Platinum Member

Post by peterm »

The item top right in photo one appears to be a home made face plate using a chuck insert adapter, likely from Grizzly like second down on the left on this page:
http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2012/Main/138
Peter
a 510,a Mini, dedicated SS drillpress, SS spt's, home made SS belt grinder, SS piston air system, Southbend 10k lathe, mill/drill, Taig
scollins
Gold Member

Post by scollins »

3rd pic bottom right is a spring bracket for a holddown
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

Three tubes on left of 3rd pic are part of the puffer/blower tube assembly for the jigsaw. Two outer tubes and one inner tube.
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

scollins wrote:3rd pic bottom right is a spring bracket for a holddown
What does it attach to?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
scollins
Gold Member

Post by scollins »

Universal hold down #12 357 part #2590. The brochure for it is under the SS Magna label. I tried uploading a pic, but it isn't loading for some reason.