Shopsmith Journals on sale

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

hjlssfor1
Gold Member

Shopsmith Journals on sale

Post by hjlssfor1 »

SS now is offering at a discount The Shopsmith Journals (Mark V Alignment & Maintenance) on DVD by Rick Davis. Any opinions on the utility of that information?

Thanks, Hank
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Rick Davis knew his stuff. He may not be as smooth as some others, but he covers what you need to know. In case you did knot know it, Mr. Davis used to travel the country for ShopSmith, teaching and selling for them.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

hjlssfor1 wrote:SS now is offering at a discount The Shopsmith Journals (Mark V Alignment & Maintenance) on DVD by Rick Davis. Any opinions on the utility of that information?

Thanks, Hank
Gosh I thought everyone had purchased that valuable set. Yes it is well worth the investment. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I thought that Rick was a great instructor and he was certainly a qualified wood worker. He had plans to do two or three additional videos but that project got axed. Don't know why, just know that we were the losers.

The one video that he did I would recommend to anyone with a Shopsmith.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jimthej
Gold Member

Post by jimthej »

Rick produced a very finished video. No "ahs" "uhs" or other distracting verbal or visual tidbits. Watching is is exactly like sitting in front of him in an academy class. Except you can pause, rewind and replay till you really understand. One of the best teachers I have seen.
Jim in Bakersfield:D
mrhart
Platinum Member

Post by mrhart »

jimthej wrote:Rick produced a very finished video. No "ahs" "uhs" or other distracting verbal or visual tidbits. Watching is is exactly like sitting in front of him in an academy class. Except you can pause, rewind and replay till you really understand. One of the best teachers I have seen.

Can the video be found on You tube or is there a link to view it?
R Hart
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Anything is possible, but I doubt it wood be a legal copy...they want you to buy it. :rolleyes:
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
hjlssfor1
Gold Member

Post by hjlssfor1 »

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. I have placed my order.

Hank