Bow making question

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

DLB
Platinum Member

Re: Bow making question

Post by DLB »

JPG wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:39 am Look (back) again! My 'later' quote was of my ORIGINAL post that got modified in your post.
Ya got two quotes jumbled. ;)
I'm not seeing what got jumbled, nor understanding how it happened. I sometimes trim the quote, like this post I trimmed down to the part I'm referring to. But I don't think I even did that when I quoted yours and james22's because it was my intent to show that they were the same. Anyway I apologize if I messed up the content or context, definitely not my intent. But I feel like I'm blind, just not seeing what you are seeing. :confused: :confused: :o So I can't go back and figure out how I messed up (or found an 'undocumented feature' of the forum SW).

- David
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Maybe this will explain.

First the initial posts.
ScreenHunter_1213 Jun. 24 19.47.jpg
ScreenHunter_1213 Jun. 24 19.47.jpg (127.08 KiB) Viewed 905 times
Then your 'quotes'.
ScreenHunter_1214 Jun. 24 19.48.jpg
ScreenHunter_1214 Jun. 24 19.48.jpg (114.89 KiB) Viewed 905 times
I leave it for you to figger out what 'happened'. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

We might be literally 'not on the same page.'(?) Every time you mentioned 'original' post I thought you meant this one: viewtopic.php?p=191373#p191373 (page 1) and now it seems you meant this one: viewtopic.php?p=284899#p284899 (page 2).(?)

- David
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

:D Well we both be right/wrong! (chose whatever suits ;) )

I had forgotten about the contact cement post!

Me now thinks the suspected spammer was also repeating what I "originally" posted.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

I still haven't gotten back to that bow... :rolleyes: :o
Or a million other things.
I thought "retirement" was supposed to be a time of hobby woodworking, fishing, travel, playing with old tractors and lawn chair sitting... :eek: :rolleyes:
Our small herd (7) horses and over a dozen pasture boarding client horses uses a lot of time. Mowing is constant this time of year.
Been working on some roof repairs a couple of days this week. Never been a big fan of ladders, even less these days. Roof work is rapidly approaching the "I'm too old for this crap" category.
Haven't had much opportunity for travel but we did sneak in a 2,000 round trip over a long weekend from here (near Indianapolis) to the top end of Vermont, a few miles south of the Canadian border to see a new great-grandson.
Quite hot this week. Maybe I'll get a bit of time in the woodshop pretending that I'm going to get organized. The woodshop is air conditioned, the farm shop is not. Neither is the roof. :)

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

robinson46176 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:53 pm I still haven't gotten back to that bow... :rolleyes: :o
Or a million other things.
I thought "retirement" was supposed to be a time of hobby woodworking, fishing, travel, playing with old tractors and lawn chair sitting... :eek: :rolleyes:
Our small herd (7) horses and over a dozen pasture boarding client horses uses a lot of time. Mowing is constant this time of year.
Been working on some roof repairs a couple of days this week. Never been a big fan of ladders, even less these days. Roof work is rapidly approaching the "I'm too old for this crap" category.
Haven't had much opportunity for travel but we did sneak in a 2,000 round trip over a long weekend from here (near Indianapolis) to the top end of Vermont, a few miles south of the Canadian border to see a new great-grandson.
Quite hot this week. Maybe I'll get a bit of time in the woodshop pretending that I'm going to get organized. The woodshop is air conditioned, the farm shop is not. Neither is the roof. :)

My sister lives in Danbury. Just a few miles from St. Johnsbury, VT. The north east kingdom as they call it. Right up there close to the border.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT