Simple bangle project

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

kalynzoo
Platinum Member

Simple bangle project

Post by kalynzoo »

I needed a simple project to keep me in the garage while the ladies wrapped presents...I'm not allowed to wrap since I don't have the patients to make sure every line on the paper matches. I saw this idea in Wood magazine of bangles, so I made a bunch for all the girls (17 grandchildren, so one for all the girls and one for the guys' girlfriends or wives). Used 3/4 to 1" 4x4 scraps (no such thing as scraps really) scrolled out the circles and used the SS as a sander to smooth and polish the rings. Some were much prettier than these, as I looked for grain and imperfections in the wood to stand out. But I gave them away before I thought to take a picture. Anyway, they each had something handmade by Grandpa, and I think it was a hit.I'm now gluing up the central disks and I will try to turn some wineglasses from the mixed wood.
Attachments
IMG_0363.JPG
IMG_0363.JPG (35.11 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
rjent
Platinum Member

Re: Simple bangle project

Post by rjent »

Great idea! Looks nice ... Image
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

I know what "The Bangles" are (a female rock group), but what is a bangle?
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Bruce wrote:I know what "The Bangles" are (a female rock group), but what is a bangle?
They are a ladies bracelet. They are a solid circle of what ever material they are made of and must be slid over the hand.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Any chance you could do a little exposé on how you make these? Giving us an education would be a little time consuming but we sure would like it.....

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

They are a ladies bracelet. They are a solid circle of what ever material they are made of and must be slid over the hand.
Ok, got it. John Candy sold shower curtain rings as bangles in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles". Earrings, also.