SS drill mode

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

benush26
Platinum Member

Re: SS drill mode

Post by benush26 »

ERLover wrote:Step drill bit!! HF sells em cheap.
That would have been nice!

35 years ago nothing like HF existed in Missoula Montana. Back then most hardware stores would have been closed by 6PM on a Saturday night! :eek: . Most of my friends did not have a power drill bigger than 1/4" and I remember the bit had a 1/4" shank for an inch or so before it widened out to the 5/8". The only reason I had a bit that large was because I had used it to drill holes in a sling style wood sided couch I was building and needed something that diameter for the redi-rod to go through. Trying to get all those pieces drilled and ready before the ski area opened the next day was a fools errand, but we did it.
About the only reason we used my new Shopsmith was no one we knew had a drill press. Most just had hand electric hand drills. The Stone Ages!! :D
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: SS drill mode

Post by ERLover »

benush26
Ya I here ya,spent some time up in Kalispell, MT and Libby MT, helped blow the Koocanusa Reservoir, and worked at the hydro plant in Libby. Spent some time up in Eureka, lots of hunting in the south fork of the Flat Head and the Bob Marshall.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)