Router Table Mounted on SS

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: Router Table Mounted on SS

Post by Hobbyman2 »

dusty wrote:
Hobbyman2 wrote::)

Nice job, looks very professional .

Hobbyman2
Have you thought about putting your signature in signature format?
========

Se what happens I just tried.
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Thanks Dusty!!
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
Deicer
Silver Member

Post by Deicer »

c2h6o wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:20 pm Image[/img]First want to thank everyone for comments, insights and suggestions. After careful thought I decided to mount the Phenolic router table (3/4 in thickness) on top of the SS work table and an extension table. I adjust the spacing between the worktable and extension table so the it provided support to the router table, leaving just a big enough gap to allow for the router and a lift should you want to use one. Drill four holes in the router table and SS tables to accept 5/16 flat hex head screw (1.5 or 2 in) and 5/16 screw knobs under the table. The hex head screws are counter sunk in the router table to provide a flat surface. If I ever need an out feed extension table I can use the left side extension table for support and lay down a 3/4 " piece of plywood. I will be mounting a remote switch to the SS for easy on-off and emergency stop function. Will ad a fence and debating on the need for a lift. This table configuration is easy to mount and remove. Saves shop space and gives me the flexibility of height for the router set-up. Posted a few pictures.
Hi, What size of the woodpecker table is that?
Thanks you Jim
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

Deicer wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:13 am Hi, What size of the woodpecker table is that?
Thanks you Jim
Welcome to the forum! That table is offered in 24" X 32" and 27" X 43". To me it looks like either could be adapted to this installation. But it looks to me like he used the smaller. If c2h60 is still active he can say for sure. The fence is 36", and in the photos extends beyond the table. (See Woodpecker's PRP-2 and PRP-4 packages and you can see what I mean.)

That is a nice setup. I would not recommend it for MDF though without adaptation to add support to prevent the table from warping downward between the SS tables.

- David
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

When I bought a big router to table mount, I considered making a mount for it up on my Shopsmith. But, the router is heavy, and adding a table to it makes it even more heavy. My old back doesn't appreciated moving heavy things around so instead of mounting it on the Shopsmith, I pulled out an old Hirsh floor standing saw table I had folded up and hung on my garage wall years ago and used it instead. The saw table already had a plate for mounting a router so installation was very easy, and It takes up hardly more space mounted on the table than a separate router and mount for the Shopsmith would take.

But, most of all is the convenience. All I have to do to use it is slide it away from the wall and plug it in. My Shopsmith is still fully usable at the same time as the router and I really like that. In the end, I'm very happy that I decided to not make a mount on the Shopsmith for the router.
Deicer
Silver Member

Post by Deicer »

This is what I ended up doing.
Attachments
PXL_20210829_200136722.jpg
PXL_20210829_200136722.jpg (246.16 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
Deicer
Silver Member

Post by Deicer »

Another pic
Attachments
PXL_20210829_200148193.jpg
PXL_20210829_200148193.jpg (366.71 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

That looks like a great set up!
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!