Router Table Mounted on SS

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Router Table Mounted on SS

Post by dusty »

dgreen810 wrote:You may be thinking of mine. I posted pics of a modified table I had where I cut out a section and installed a plate made of 1/2" lexan. I posted the pics two or three years ago but am unable to find the posts. Maybe they are too old.

Don G
I believe the thread you are looking for was posted 19Mar2014. What makes it difficult to find is that you (and others) often post without an appropriate title.

http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/posti ... 0&p=163686
Last edited by dusty on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:
dgreen810 wrote:You may be thinking of mine. I posted pics of a modified table I had where I cut out a section and installed a plate made of 1/2" lexan. I posted the pics two or three years ago but am unable to find the posts. Maybe they are too old.

Don G
I believe the thread you are looking for was posted 19Mar2014. What makes it difficult to find is that you (and others) often post without an appropriate title.
No, it is a very good example of a thread going off subject and later posts retaining the original thread title.

Not that that happens very often. :rolleyes: :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: SS Table Modification to accept a Router

Post by dusty »

JPG wrote:
dusty wrote:

Don G
No, it is a very good example of a thread going off subject and later posts retaining the original thread title.

Not that that happens very often. :rolleyes: :D
I do believe that is what I said. Don posted without an appropriate title and therefore there is no logical way to search for it. The thread is way off point but when don posted, if he included an appropriate title, if could more easily have been found. I found it because I have my own notes on the subject matter "Shopsmith Table Modifications and Upgrades" where I make notes to myself about his router table.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I 'found' it by searching for 'lexan'. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Changing subject title within a thread

Post by JPG »

The intent of my earlier post was to reveal to any who were not aware of it that the subject/title of a post can be changed from the original created for the thread.

Hopefully this will both work as an example and be far more obvious.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

dgreen810
Gold Member

Post by dgreen810 »

I see I stepped in it again. You guys don't need to worry much longer and I will be either "Up" or "Down". Controversy seems to follow in my footsteps.

Don G
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I don't understand, Don. What did you step in? I was just trying to help you find the post to which you referred. I followed that thread because I was very interested in how you were modifying a table. I had doubts that it could be done. You showed me that I was wrong.me wrong.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dgreen810
Gold Member

Post by dgreen810 »

Dusty

You misinterpreted my meaning (which is not hard to do usually), i was just making a comment that my posts seem to cause controversy to some extent more than likely.

Don G
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

Don G
A tip that may help.
When searching for something you posted in the past. Up near the top somewhere (it varies with the board style you are using) there is an entry that says "Your posts".
Clicking on that will bring up a page listing all, and only, the posts you have made, and there is an option to search just those posts for key word(s). This can help narrow the field considerably. :cool:
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

As beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so also is 'controversy'. ;)

Do not EVER fail to post because you think it might be controversial to 'someone' here.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝