Router Table Mounted on SS

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dgreen810
Gold Member

Re: Router Table Mounted on SS

Post by dgreen810 »

rpd

I was and am aware of looking at "My Posts" but still could not locate where it was. JPG clued me in on searching for a word which I was not aware of that you could do. It's probably not the modification Everett was referring to anyway

Hopefully it will not happen again but DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH.

Don G
c2h6o
Gold Member

Post by c2h6o »

[img][img][/img][/img]First want to thank everyone for comments, insights and suggestions. After careful thought I decided to mount the Phenolic router table (3/4 in thickness) on top of the SS work table and an extension table. I adjust the spacing between the worktable and extension table so the it provided support to the router table, leaving just a big enough gap to allow for the router and a lift should you want to use one. Drill four holes in the router table and SS tables to accept 5/16 flat hex head screw (1.5 or 2 in) and 5/16 screw knobs under the table. The hex head screws are counter sunk in the router table to provide a flat surface. If I ever need an out feed extension table I can use the left side extension table for support and lay down a 3/4 " piece of plywood. I will be mounting a remote switch to the SS for easy on-off and emergency stop function. Will ad a fence and debating on the need for a lift. This table configuration is easy to mount and remove. Saves shop space and gives me the flexibility of height for the router set-up. Posted a few pictures.
Attachments
Router table on SS.JPG
Router table on SS.JPG (129.54 KiB) Viewed 11875 times
Router Table on SS 3.JPG
Router Table on SS 3.JPG (75.57 KiB) Viewed 11875 times
Router table on SS 2.JPG
Router table on SS 2.JPG (95.84 KiB) Viewed 11875 times
c2h6o
Gold Member

Post by c2h6o »

Well I have finally finished my project for mounting a very good routing table and lift to my SS. I decided to use a Incra Masr-R Lift ( http://www.incra.com/router_system_acce ... ft-ii.html )
and the Woodpecker phenolic table and super fence http://www.woodpeck.com/superfence.html. For the router I went with the Ported Cable 7518.
Attachments
SS mouinted router table.JPG
SS mouinted router table.JPG (111.23 KiB) Viewed 11782 times
SS Mounted router table 2.JPG
SS Mounted router table 2.JPG (81.91 KiB) Viewed 11782 times
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Sweet!

That's some primo hardware you have there. Inquiring minds want to know how well you like all those bits and pieces!
c2h6o
Gold Member

Post by c2h6o »

Thank you. I spent a fair amount of time learning about many different components of a really good/functional router table/system. My shop is space limited so I could not just put in a stand alone router table/system. Living in Texas I wanted a table that would not be affected by the weather so I look at all materials, eliminated iron top because of weight, eliminated MDF because of thickness/sustainability (sag) and decided on phenolic top-being 3/4" thick also help with expansion options if needed. I selected Woodpeckers because of its design. Look at both Jessem and Incra lifts-very similar (both manufactured by Jessem)-selected Incra because of equivalent price but I like the magnetic table inserts. Picked the fence to work seamlessly with table. Finally picked PC 7518 as overwhelming most highly rated 3+ HP router. In the end I am very please with all the pieces. Finally have a router table that leverages space of the SS, but easy to dismantle for storage.
videobear
Gold Member

Post by videobear »

I think you just solved my router station dilemma - i.e., where to put it.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

:)

Nice job, looks very professional .

Hobbyman2
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Thank you for the posting. In my new shop configuration, this just might be a time saver. while at the same time allow me to mount the router table (temporarily) between two tables on my Shorty.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Hobbyman2 wrote::)

Nice job, looks very professional .

Hobbyman2
Have you thought about putting your signature in signature format?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
c2h6o
Gold Member

Post by c2h6o »

Thank you. I look forward to seeing your post on your new router solution.