Bandsaw Questions

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Re: Bandsaw Questions

Post by wrmnfzy »

This is what I have used with good results.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (101.63 KiB) Viewed 5643 times
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

wrmnfzy
Did you take that photo in that orientation or did you take it with a tablet and then did the software flip it on it's own?
Bill V
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

I thought he was just demonstrating the sticking power of the spray. :D
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

No, the orientation is correct. Can is sitting on a box that is on the ground. The wall on the left with the ice chest is a perpendicular wall at the rear of my garage. Taken with my I-phone.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

I don't know what you are seeing, but to me it looks like the can is horizontal!
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

On mine it's vertical, sorry that's why I answered as I did and I did take it vertical.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

algale wrote:I don't know what you are seeing, but to me it looks like the can is horizontal!
Yes it dose. The picture is 90* out. The can is almost parallel to the wall however it looks sideways in the picture. I don't know what causes this except the device the picture was taken with and the orientation of that device when the picture was taken. If you rotate the picture on your device and post it without saving it first it will not post rotated. At least that is my opinion right or wrong. You are not posting the screen view you are posting the saved image.

Interestingly, I have an extension for Firefox called ThumbNailPlus. If you put the cursor over a picture it gives a larger version of the picture. Not always but most of the time. I guess that depends on how much of the meta data is still embedded in the picture when it was posted. In this case it shows a larger picture in the correct orientation, rotated 90* right.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!
Hard to get rid of the old (very old) altar boy!
devena
Bronze Member

Post by devena »

Post Deleted by Moderator.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Spammer????
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange