Pet Peeve

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

procrastinator
Gold Member

Pet Peeve

Post by procrastinator »

I would be interested to know if anyone has submitted a question to the "Contact Us " portion of the Shopsmith site? I have! I can recall at least four attempts without ever receiving a reply. Their one business day reply is a total lie. I had a question regarding a retro fit item and broke down and waited the 15 or so minutes to talk to a rep. The question could not be answered immediately and I was given the option of a phone or email response. I chose email and two days later received the reply that they were sorry, and could not help me out. I can accept that reply, but can't accept a non-responce to a question after filling out the required info for submission. I own many high quality SS products. Their "Customer Non-Service is very low quality.
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Pet Peeve

Post by dusty »

Your pet peeve may be justified but I have not had that experience and I use the contact us method with questions quit often. Yes, there have been times when the response was sometimes delayed but that happens. Try calling your doctor with a question about medications and see how quickly you get a response.

I do wish, though, that there was some detectable reaction from Shopsmith when a post like yours hits the forum. This sort of discontent should not be ignored. Doing so will eventually bring consequences.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
rbcsaver
Silver Member

Re: Pet Peeve

Post by rbcsaver »

I entirely agree with Pet Peeve's post about any lack of responsiveness from $$.

Replying to the replying poster (Dusty), I usually receive a reply email from my Dr. within a few hours. However, we are both old school,and adapted to new technology with holding to the concept of professional,personal and due diligent responsibility, or your word and hand shake is binding.Or at least it used to be. Something that the current generations lie about,ignore,and deny, because everyone is an entitled victim of something perceived to be offensive, thus "free" $ is due them. I have yet to find a money tree, nor a mismanaged (ie Sears, K-Mart)that can survive.

Grow up, put on your big boy/girl pants/pant suits and come to grip with the real world where snow flakes melt.