Is there more interest in Kreg pocket hole stuff?

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

19lloyd47
Bronze Member

Re: Is there more interest in Kreg pocket hole stuff?

Post by 19lloyd47 »

Have gotten the kreg 5 setup and mounted on a board have used it a few times and I can say that I have put away my biscuit and dowl so far. Might need them for a certain project but I can see the kreg screw system doing away with my biscuits for sure this is so much faster more easier to use if you will. Seriously the good part would be able to ask you questions but I don't think you need to do any demonstration videos there is so many on YouTube and Craig websites that you just be redundant and I will be able to come up with a question once in a while so it would be just better a question and answer for them on the kreg tool that would be a nice thing for you to head up I'm still at wood projects 101 in its use but every time I've used it it is great I did learn the hard way not to fasten a tabletop to the skirts using kreg screws pocket screws I have found that the Klipsch to hold it down so much more effective in Wood movement here in northern Illinois at the moment I am located in Sun City Arizona for the winter and my tools and the Craig system is back home waiting impatiently just bought a new made Chuck my main interest at the moment is cutting boards and slab tables with raw edges my son has a sawmill and he has access to cherry walnut I have maple for some pieces and then we're going to try and do a resin cut tabletop when I get home sorry to run on but have a good day
for my shopsmith with adapter and can't wait to get home and try it out
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Not as detailed as Ed's tutorial, but Rockler just posted a short video on using Kreg's pocket screw jig to build face frames, if anyone is interested in it:

📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Good video from Stumpy Nubs on screw selection for pocket hole joinery:

📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Every tool has its place, personally I think exposed joinery is more appealing , it takes longer and probably isn't any better or stronger but it sure looks good and it can stretch / feed the imagination .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)