Today in the shop (will it ever return?)

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Today in the shop (will it ever return?)

Post by reible »

Spring returned enough for me to have my first official working outside on woodworking projects. Not one but two neighbors stopped by with projects for me to help them with..... Don't mind being a go to neighbor but it cut in to my time which wasn't the worst thing but got less done then I hoped.

I will have to return to this project in the next couple of days but at least I have one cut out and can play with the shaping before making any more.
BR1.jpg
BR1.jpg (166.11 KiB) Viewed 10422 times
BR2.jpg
BR2.jpg (90.06 KiB) Viewed 10422 times
So will I return to this project? Will I get it shaped right so it returns? Will it ever return? Will you stay tuned to see what happens?

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
moggymatt
Platinum Member

Re: Today in the shop (will it ever return?)

Post by moggymatt »

Ya know, some times projects get out of hand, but somehow, I dont think you'll let that one get too far away from you.
Paul B
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Consider yourself lucky. Around here, the weather still hasn't reached the point for outdoor work. This past week, the winter snow finally melted in the yard and a few warmer days let me start cleaning up the leaf mess from last Fall when we got 17" of snow in early October before any of the tree leaves were off the trees. So, all those leaves were mixed with the snow all Winter and now need to be cleaned up.
I got a bit of a start cleaning up the past couple of days, but today it started raining, and the forecast for at least the next week or so calls for snow and rain so more cleanup isn't possible until around mid-April if the forecast is right.
I'll just have to keep working in the shop indoors yet.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

moggymatt wrote:Ya know, some times projects get out of hand, but somehow, I dont think you'll let that one get too far away from you.
:D :D :D

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

I had a snappy come back but, it wouldn't.
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

Feel like I posted this before but don’t see it so here I go again. It’s hell to get old but in most cases it beats the other option. I had a friend who had a favorite joke, “What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back when you throw it?.........A damn stick”
I made her one with that carved on the front, she loved it.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

wrmnfzy wrote:Feel like I posted this before but don’t see it so here I go again. It’s hell to get old but in most cases it beats the other option. I had a friend who had a favorite joke, “What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back when you throw it?.........A damn stick”
I made her one with that carved on the front, she loved it.
You did post it before. I remember reading it. It is not here now. :confused: Don't worry, you are not loosing it. :)
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

Thank you, I checked my old post and couldn’t find it. So I’m not losing my memory just my cognitive abilities!🤪🤪
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

Thank you, I checked my old post and couldn’t find it. So I’m not losing my memory just my cognitive abilities!🤪🤪
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

I guess this proves it, posted twice, posted twice, posted twice......